Today’s World Ocean Day is all about celebrating our connection to the ocean, and how we depend on our ocean just as much as it depends on us.
It’s a great way to encourage discussion with your children about the ocean and what we can do to reduce plastic pollution and other impacts, to help protect our life-source.
Did you know these 5 facts about our ocean?
- The majority of life on earth is aquatic
- There are more historic artefacts under the sea than in all of the world’s museums including shipwrecks and statues
- As humans, we have a closer connection to the ocean than you may think with 70% of our bodies made up of water which is the same as 70% of our planet
- We have the same level of salt in our blood as you find in seawater
- There’s 228,450 known ocean creatures, with up to 2 million which are still a mystery!
If you’re looking to get the children involved in a fun-eco friendly activity we have a fantastic deep blue sea sensory play set available at Willow & Wild Organic!
Read all about World Ocean Day at https://worldoceanday.school/we-are-watery-beings/
Whatever you get up to, we’d love to see your photos! Share them with us online by using #willowandwildbox or tagging @willowandwildbox