Let’s celebrate World Bee Day on Thursday 20th May ! These nectar loving insects have their very own dedicated day to make sure we’re keeping them safe and raise awareness for all they do in our environment.
How can you help?
- Plant nectar producing flowers such as Lavender, Buttercup, Snowdrops, Poppies, Geraniums, Sunflowers and Crocus
- Buy yummy honey from a beekeeper or organic store
- Use pesticides which will not harm bees
- If you see a little bee struggling offer them some sugar-water. Mix 2 tablespoons of white sugar with 1 tablespoon of water to create the perfect energy drink for tired bees
Fun activities to get the children involved:
- Grow your very own sunflowers so bees can enjoy the nectar
- Create a bee hotel or buy one online
- Discuss these useful facts about bees
- Create a sensory play tray from Willow & Wild Organic
- Throw a pollinator seed bomb
- See how many bees you can spot on your next park/woods walk
If you’re taking part in World Bee Day we’d love to see your photos! Share them with us online by using #willowandwildbox or tagging @willowandwildbox